5 ways to moisturize your scalp
Growing hair starts with a healthy scalp. A dry scalp can be very annoying, but it can be pretty easy to fix with the right routine and products.
If you suffer from itchy or irritated scalp, we'll tell you all about how to moisturize your scalp !
Do I Have a Dry Scalp ?
Here are some signs that you may be suffering from dry scalp :
- You have a dry skin type or suffer from dryness in other parts of the body.
- Small white flakes form on the scalp like dandruff
- Mild itching or tightness on the scalp
- Redness or irritation
What Causes a Dry Scalp ?
Here are some possible reasons why you may be experiencing this problem :
- Hormonal changes: Any type of hormonal change due to menopause, puberty, pregnancy, etc. can contribute to dry skin and scalp.
- Environment: The climate you live in can impact the health of your scalp. Extremely cold or hot weather can lead to dryness.
- Hair products you use: The hair products you use may contain harsh ingredients.
- Washing too often: Over-washing your hair removes the natural oils that your hair needs to stay moisturized and can lead to dryness
- Dietary changes: Our diet is very important to our overall health and the condition of our scalp.
We give you all the tips and tricks to bring and keep moisture in your curls and learn how to moisturize your scalp ! :
Change your shampoo
Dry scalp can be caused by using shampoos that contain harsh chemicals and ingredients. Harsh shampoos can rob your hair of the natural oils it needs to stay moisturized. If you're experiencing dry scalp symptoms, opt for a moisturizing shampoo. Try our Coconut shampoo to get the results you've been looking for! It will make your hair softer and more supple and above all, provide the moisture your hair needs
Wash your hair less
As we said, over-washing directly leads to dry hair. If you notice that your scalp or hair is dry, you may be washing it too often. It is recommended to wash natural hair every 2 weeks.
Use an oil for the scalp
Try our serum specifically designed to grow hair with its natural ingredients, it brings moisture to the scalp, nourishes it and keeps your hair moisturized. Not to mention it smells amazing!
Using your fingertips while you clean your hair, massage your scalp for at least 5 minutes. Massaging your hair will create the blood circulation that our hair needs to grow.
Drinking water is the best thing we can do for our bodies and the overall health of our hair. Water will replenish the moisture your hair loses. Therecommended amount is about 8 cups per day.
Keep your scalp moisturized with our natural hair products designed for you.
A healthy scalp creates an environment for healthy, growing hair. Now that you know everything, it's up to you !